McKee was a song leader for meetings of Paul Rader and Gypsy Smith. He and Roger Hickman compiled the first volume of Tabernacle Hymns in 1916.
From 1931–38, he managed the Cedar Lake Bible Conference Grounds in Indiana. Copyright records indicate he was living in Winona Lake, Indiana, in 1943.
His works include:
- The Tabernacle Hymns, with Daniel Towner (Chicago, Illinois: Tabernacle Publishing, 1918)
- Tabernacle Praises No. 1 (Chicago, Illinois: Tabernacle Publishing, 1918)
- Revival Praises, with William Runyan (Chicago, Illinois: Runyan Music Publishing, 1925)
- Evangelistic Center Songs (New York: Le Tourneau Evangelistic Center, 1940)
- Full name
- Date & place of birth & death
- Burial place