Mrs. Carey Brock
September 7, 1827, St. Martins, Guernsey, United Kingdom.
December 30, 1905, St. Martins, Guernsey, United Kingdom.
Brock’s sister was hymnist Henrietta Dobree. Frances’ works include:
- Home Memories: Or Echoes of a Mother’s Voice, 1859
- Charity Helstone, 1865
- The Violets of Montmartre and Other Stories, with Madame Eugene Bersier, 1874
- The Children’s Hymn Book, with her husband Carey, 1881
- Hatty and Nellie: A Story of Two Marriages, 1890
- Sunday Echoes in Week-Day Hours
- James Gordon’s Wife
- My Father’s Hand: And Other Stories and Allegories for the Young
- Penny Wise and Pound Foolish
- Clear Shining, After Rain. A Guernsey Story