June 15, 1866, Armagh, Ireland.
July 12, 1926, Cambridge, England.
Ascension Parish Burial Ground (formerly St. Giles’ Burial Ground), Cambridge, England.
Wood studied organ under T. O. Marks in Armagh (1880–81), and at the Royal College of Music (RCM) (1883–87). He taught at the RCM beginning in 1888, then went on to Selwyn College at Cambridge. He was an Organ Scholar at Gonville and Caius College (1898–94) (BA & MusB 1890, MA & MusD 1894). He was awarded an honorary LLD degree at Leeds in 1904, was a university lecturer on harmony in 1897, and became a Professor in 1924. His works include: