May 30, 1854, Beallsville, Ohio.
May 6, 1938, Camden, New Jersey.
Cedar Hill Cemetery, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
William was the son of Elam Williams and Elizabeth Sarah McKitrick, and husband of Mary Elizabeth Lanning.
He studied at the Western Seminary, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, and was licensed by the Clairsville Presbytery in 1880. He graduated from Franklin College in New Athens, Ohio, in 1876, and received his Doctor of Divinity degree from Scio College in 1888. Starting in 1881, he taught Greek and English language and literature at Franklin College, and served as the college’s president, 1887–1901. Copyright records state he was living in Warnock, Ohio, in 1892.
Williams was ordained by the St. Clairsville Presbytery as pastor of Concord, West Brooklyn, and Powhattan Point, Ohio (1885–96); Moundsville, West Virginia (1896–1901); supply preacher for congregations at Allen Grove and Limestone congregations in Shadyside, Ohio (1901–02); pastor of Cross Creek and Two Ridges congregations, near Steubenville, Ohio (1902–04); the Allison Park congregation, De Haven, Pennsylvania (1904–08); and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (1908).
where to get Williams’ photo