January 15, 1723, Llansadurnen, Carmarthenshire, Wales.
August 8, 1796, Gelli Lednais, Llandyfaelog, Wales.
Williams became an ordained minister in 1744, and pastored in Eglwys Cymmyn. He left the Anglican church for the Methodists in 1745, but was expelled by the Methodists for heresy in 1791, at which time he founded a chapel on Water Street in Carmarthen. His works include: