August 11, 1799, New York City.
December 31, 1876, Brooklyn, New York.
Waterbury graduated from Yale College in 1822. He was for some time pastor of a Congregational church in Hudson, New York, then of the Bowdoin Street Congregational church in Boston, Massachusetts. His works include:
- Advice to a Young Christian
- The Officer on Duty
- Escape for Thy Life
- I Have Fought the Good Fight
- Infinite Love, What Precious Stores
- My Jesus, Thou Hast Taught
- Met, O God, to Ask Thy Presence
- O Fly, Mourning Sinner, Saith Jesus, to Me
- Sinner, Is Thy Heart at Rest?
- Soldiers of the Cross, Arise!
- When, O My Savior, Shall This Heart?