August 5, 1868, Binghamton, New York.
April 11, 1953, Brattleboro, Vermont.
Mountain View Cemetery, New Fairfield, Connecticut.
Tweedy attended Phillips Andover Academy, Yale University (BA & MA), Union Theological Seminary, and the University of Berlin. Ordained a Congregationalist minister in 1898, he pastored at Plymouth Church, Utica, New York (1892–1902), and South Church, Bridgeport, Connecticut (1902–09). He then became Professor of Homiletics at Yale Divinity School (1909–37). He taught liturgy, music, and the arts, and was interested in religious architecture. His works include: