An advertisement in the New York Musical Gazette, June 1867, page 64, described Suffern as Principal of the Western Normal Academy of Music,
Teacher of Harmony and Piano Forte Playing, Voice Culture, and Method of Teaching.
- The Excelsior (New York: Abbey & Barrett, 1862)
- Sabbath Praise (New York: S. T. Gordon, 1867)
- The Song Garland: Or, Singing for Jesus (Cleveland, Ohio: S. Brainard & Sons, 1869)
- The Normal: For Singing Schools, Associations, Musical Conventions and High Schools (Cleveland, Ohio: 1872)
- Royal Songs, with William Bentley (New York: American Tract Society, 1875)
- The Song Tower (New York & Chicago, Illinois: Biglow & Main, 1883)
- Good photo (head-and-shoulders, at least 200×300 pixels)
- Full name
- Date & place of birth & death
- Burial place
If you can help with any of these items, would you ?