November 2, 1864, Cherry Grove, Virginia (now West Virginia).
November 29, 1947, Montgomery County, Ohio.
Bethel Cemetery, Phillipsburg, Ohio.
Henry was the husband of Emma Brumbaugh, and brother of Anthony Showalter. He is remembered as a singer, teacher, composer, and publisher.
- Come Sing Aloud the Happy Song
- I Am So Happy Now in Jesus
- Lord, with Devotion We Pray Thee
- My Savior Came Down from His Home Above
- O I’m Hoping Sometime When My Savior Shall Come
- Singing for Jesus
- There Is Life for the Sinner at the Fountain
- There’s a Blessed Fount
- We’ll Meet Again
- Awake, O Earth
- More Like Thee
- There Is Joy in My Soul Today