December, 1834, Massachusetts.
May 21, 1921, Boston, Massachusetts.
Mount Auburn Cemetery, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
James’ parents were Sampson and Catherine Reed. He became a Swedenborgian minister, and served as Second Minister, Boston Society of the New Jerusalem, Boston, Massachusetts. His works include:
- Celebration of the Two-Hundredth Anniversary of the Incorporation of Bridgewater, Massachusetts (Boston, Massachusetts: J. Wilson & Son, 1856)
- Religion and Life, 1869
- Man and Woman, Equal but Unlike (Boston, Massachusetts: Nichols & Noyes, 1870)
- A Biographical Sketch of Thomas Worcester (Boston, Massachusetts: New Church Union, 1880)
- Observations on the Growth of the Mind, with Sampson Reed (Boston, Massachusetts: Houghton, Mifflin, 1886)
- Earthly Problems in Heavenly Light, with Henry Clinton Hay, 1904
- Death and the Life Beyond, with Henry Clinton Hay, 1906
- Swedenborg and the New Church (Boston, Massachusetts: Houghton, Osgood, 1880)
- Larger photo
- Date & place of birth