April 11, 1888, Hood County, Texas.
October 7, 1933, Lubbock, Texas.
Abernathy Cemetery, Abernathy, Texas.
Robert was the son of Robert Jones Powell and Martha Licilty Hobson, and husband of Margaret Hand. A farmer and member of the Church of Christ, he was involved with Franklin Eiland and other hymn writers in central Texas.
- After the Battle We Shall the King Behold
- Bells of Glory
- Happy Day When I Was Freed from Sin
- I Am Looking for the Coming
- I’m Happy in the Glory Way
- I’m on the Glory Side
- I’m Saved by the Blood
- In the Service of My King
- Life’s Ocean
- Marching On
- Meet Me There
- O Bless His Holy Name
- O How Wonderful Is the King of Glory
- Some Glad Day Beyond the Silent River
- There Is a City Built of Jasper
- Tramp, Tramp, Tramp, to Battlefields We’re Going
- We Are Traveling on Toward That Land of Song
- We Shall Behold His Face
- We’ll Be Like Him
- When I Hear Him Say,
- When the Clouds Roll By
- Why Did the Lowly Nazarene