November 27, 1862, Bloomfield, Iowa (birth name: Sarah Addison Pollard).
December 20, 1934, New York City:
As seventy-two year old Miss Adelaide was enroute from her New York City home to a New Jersey town during the Christmas Holidays in 1934 where she was to hold some religious meetings, she became critically ill in the New York City railroad station. She was rushed to a nearby Y.W.C.A. home where she died shortly thereafter, death being attributed to a ruptured appendix.
Emurian, pp. 36–40
Elmwood Cemetery, Fort Madison, Iowa.
Author of over 100 hymns and Gospel songs, Pollard was educated in Denmark, Iowa; Valparaiso, Indiana; at the Boston School of Oratory; and the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, Illinois. She taught in Chicago, and at the Christian and Missionary Alliance Training School in New York. She worked for a while with evangelist John Alexander Dowie, and also in Africa, leaving for Scotland after World War I began. She later returned to New York.
- Account Me Worthy, Lord, I Pray
- Baptize Me with the Spirit
- Before the Savior’s Judgment Seat His Ransomed Servants
- Day Is Breaking, Christian, The
- Fear Not, O Little Flock
- Have Thine Own Way, Lord
- Heavy Hearted Sinner
- How It Thrills Our Hearts with Rapture
- I Am Satisfied with Jesus Every Day
- I Cannot See Beyond the Moment
- I Would Not Have Thee Come, Dear Lord
- If She Could Speak to Thee Out of the Glory
- Isr’l, Isr’l, Loved of Jehovah
- Isr’l, Jehovah Loves Thee with an Everlasting Love
- Jesus Knows All, All Your Sorrow
- Light Has Been Given
- Lord, I Am Listening, Guided by Thy Spirit
- No One Can Help You but Jesus
- No Pain Nor Sorrow in That New Land
- No Room, Alas, for a Savior Here
- O if We Knew the Lord Would Come Tonight
- O Wanderer, Rejoice, Rejoice
- O Wandering One, Why Longer Roam?
- Savior ’Tis a Full Surrender
- Shepherd of Israel
- Since I Have Opened Wide the Door
- Spirit Saith Today, The
- Surrendered to Jesus, Forever and Ever
- Tell the Joyful News to the Wanderer
- There Are Many Fierce Temptations
- Thy Will, O Lord, Be Done Fully in Me
- Way Is Dark, O Jesus, The
- Within the Perfect Will of God
where to get Pollard’s photo