March 31, 1918, Harrison, Arkansas.
November 24, 1977, Boone County, Arkansas.
Grubb Springs Cemetery, Harrison, Arkansas.
Only son of Mr. and Mrs. O. W. Pillow, at age three Terry was injured in a fall which damaged his spine. He first heard Gospel music came when Eugene Bartlett and a quartet arrived in Harrison from Dallas, Texas. This contact with Bartlett, and with Albert Brumley, influenced Pillow to go into the Gospel music field.
Pillow had his first piano lessons with Albert Brumley. He later attended five normals run by the Stamps-Baxter Company in Dallas, studying under Jesse R. Baxter, Virgil O. Stamps, George T. Speer, James H. Ruebush, Thomas J. Farris, Joe Roper, Christopher C. Stafford and others.
Pillow married Julia Zurga in 1939, and they had a son and daughter.
- As We Travel This Life
- Bible Is Telling of Praise, The
- Bible Tells a Story, The
- Footprints In the Sands of Time
- Here Each Day We Daily Travel
- How Can They Say There Is No God?
- I Am So Happy, Glad and Free
- I Have a Happy Feeling Away Down In My Soul
- I Have a Refuge
- I Have Traveled On Life’s Pathway
- If I Should Cross the Mystic Foam
- I’m Sailing On the Way to Heaven Above
- I’ve Gotta Lot of Heaven in My Soul
- I’ve Many Dear Friends with Silvery Hair
- Lonely, Lonely, Lonely for My King
- Lord Was with Me, The
- Mercy, Not Justice
- Once I Wandered Alone
- Only God
- Since I Gave Jesus Full Control
- Some Day This Life Will All Be Over
- Some of These Days
- Somebody Knows When Crosses I’m Bearing
- Somewhere Beyond the Setting Sun
- There Are Memories That Linger
- There Is a Land Out Yonder Somewhere
- There Is Work That You Can Do
- There’s a Story Told That Will Never Grow Old
- Through This Lonesome World I Roam
- ’Tis a Heavy Load That I Am Bearing
- We Read About a Man Named Thomas
- When Shall Come Love’s Bright Tomorrow
- When the Clouds of Doubt
- When Your Burdens Seem to Grow So Heavy