January 11, 1916.
August 8, 1991.
SC Seminary, Thiruvalla, Kerala, India.
Philip became a deacon in the Marthoma Syrian Church, Kerala, India, on September 11, 1943, and was ordained a priest February 10, 1944. His wife, a physician, served with her husband as missionary. During his 47 years of service, in the Marthoma Syrian Church, he served in several parishes, and worked for the Marthoma Evangelistic Association as traveling secretary, correspondence secretary, and General Secretary. He also served as President of Yuvajana Sakhyam, General Secretary of the Voluntary Evangelists Association, and Principal of the Bible Institute Kompady. He wrote many Christian Malayalam hymns to Bengali tunes. For many years, he directed the Department of Sacred Music and conducted the Maramon Convention Choir.