Molther studied theology at Jena, joined the Moravian Brethren in 1737, and went to London in 1739.
He was minister of the Brethren’s congregation at Neuwied 1750–61, then spent the rest of his life in Dublin and Bedford.
In 1775 he was consecrated as bishop of the Brethren’s Unity.
- Behold, My Soul, Thy Savior
- Christ, Thine All Atoning Death
- Now Rest in Peace
- O Could We but Love That Savior
- O Spirit of Grace, Thy Kindness We Trace
- Rejoice, My Soul, God Cares for Thee
- Rise, Exalt Our Head and King
- Rise, My Soul, Shake Off All Sadness
- See, World, upon the Bloody Tree
- See, World, upon the Shameful Tree
- True Good Shepherd, God’s Own Son, The
- ’Tis the Most Blest and Needful Part
- What Peace Divine, What Perfect Happiness
- When, O When Shall I Have the Favor?
- Birth date
- Date & place of death & burial