Mary Noel McDonald
February 15, 1812, New York.
May 13, 1890, Bergen, New Jersey.
Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church, Perth Amboy, New Jersey.
Daughter of Leonard Augustus and Sarah Elizabeth Popham Bleecker, Mary married Pierre E. McDonald, and later Henry Meigs. Her works include:
- Poems (New York: Pudney, Hooker & Russell, 1844)
- Fanny Herbert, and Other Stories: A Holiday Gift (H. M. Onderdonk, 1845)
- Cousin Bertha’s Stories (New York: Stanford & Swords, 1849)
- Lays of a Lifetime: The Record of One Departed (Dana, 1857)
- Kitty’s Pearls and Robert Spencer’s Revenge (General Protestant Episcopal Sunday School Union & Church Book Society, 1865)
- Our Summer at Sunnybrook: And the Boys and Girls There
where to get Meigs’ photo