October 13, 1851, New Hampshire.
March 10, 1933, Los Angeles, California, in the Long Beach earthquake.
Inglewood Park Cemetery, Inglewood, California.
A Methodist pastor and evangelist, McLaughlin wrote prolifically, including hundreds of articles as editor for the Christian Witness Company, a post he held 45 years.
McLaughlin also wrote a series of commentaries, and numerous holiness classics, and was pastor of the Wesley Methodist Episcopal Church, Haverhill, Massachusetts. His works include:
- Good News in Song, with by Joshua Gill (Boston, Massachusetts: McDonald & Gill, 1891)
- Songs of Redemption (Boston, Massachusetts: Christian Witness Company, 1899)
- Songs of Praise and Salvation, with Charles J. Fowler, William Kirkpatrick & Henry Gilmour (Christian Witness Company, 1902)
- Spiritual Songs, with John M. Harris (Chicago, Illinois: Christian Witness Publishing, circa 1908)
- On Eagle’s Wings (or, Spiritual Aviation) (Titusville, Pennsylvania: Allegheny Wesleyan Methodist Connection, 1926)
McLaughlin’s wife was Mary Ella Henshaw.
- He Has the Blessing
- I Have the Glory in My Soul
- Keep Thou Me