April 14, 1860, Y Gangell, near Blaenycoed, Cynwyl Elfed, Carmathen, Wales (birth name: Conwil Elvet).
December 10, 1953, Penarth (near Cardiff), Glamorgan, Wales.
His ashes were deposited in Blaenycoed Cemetery, Cynwyl Elfed, Carmarthen, Wales.
Lewis ministered at St John’s Congregational Church, Buckley, Flintshire, and at the Tabernacle, King’s Cross, London (1898–1940). A member of the Welsh Bardd Newydd (New Poet) School, he won the crown at the national Eisteddfodau of 1888 and 1889, and the chair in 1894. King George VI made him a Companion of Honour. His works include:
where to get Lewis’ photo