September 4, 1819, Auburn, Maine.
August 29, 1899, Wellesley, Massachusetts.
Saint Mary’s Cemetery, Newton Lower Falls, Massachusetts.
Irville was the son of Hanson Leslie and Mary Martin, and husband of Maria Rice of Needham, Massachusetts.
As of 1843, he was editor of The Olive Leaf, a periodical in Chicopee, Massachusetts. By 1873, he was editing The Young Pilgrim, an Advent Christian publication in Boston, Massachusetts.
- After All, Eternity!
- Brother, Thou Wast True and Faithful
- Far on Zion’s Mount Appearing
- Have You Heard About the Shepherd?
- He Is Everything to Me
- Here United Let Us Join
- I Hear the Savior Calling
- Keep Me, Lord, from Wandering
- Let Me Go Where They Are Going
- Let the Children Come to Me
- Now to Him Who Gave Us Breath
- O Come, Let Us Sing of His Mercy
- O ’Twas Love That Brought Me to Him
- On Time’s Tempestuous Ocean Wide
- Only Waiting Till the Dawning
- Sowing the Seed When the Day Has Begun
- Sowing Their Seed in the Beautiful Dawn
- Sweet and Precious Is the Promise
- Night Was Dark and Dreary, The
- Night Was Dark and Fearful, The
- Smitten Rock, Whence Water Flows, The
- Though the Way Grow Dark and Dreary
- To Thee, Savior, I Am Clinging
- We Are Traveling Home to Mansions Bright
- We’re a Band of Pilgrim Strangers
- When I Was Far Away and Lost
- When the Angels Come
- When the Skies Shall Glow
- Yonder’s My Home
where to get Leslie’s photo