1900-1983

1900, Jackson, Ohio.

Jones graduated from the Guilford Organ School, New York City, in 1920. He later attended the American Conservatory, Fontainebleau, France, and received honorary degrees from Washington and Jefferson, and Beaver Colleges. In 1924, he became a Fellow of the American Guild of Organists. He played the organ at churches in Portsmouth and Dayton, Ohio; and in New York City, Rome, and Brooklyn, New York. From 1934 until retiring in 1979, he was the Miller Chapel organist and choir director at Princeton Theological Seminary, New Jersey. In 1937, he founded the seminary’s touring choir, which sang at thousands of churches in America, Canada, Cuba, Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela, the Caribbean islands, Japan, and Korea.

  1. Back to Zion