Born: April 11, 1859, Woodhouse, Olveston, Gloucestershire, England.
Died: April 3, 1949, London, England.
Buried: His ashes were interred in the center aisle of St. Barnabas Church, Pimlico, London, England.
Harwood attended Charterhouse, Godalming; Trinity College, Oxford (MusB 1880, BA 1881, MA 1884, MusD 1896); and studied in Leipzig, Germany.
He played the organ at St. Barnabas Church, Pimlico, London (1883–87); Ely Cathedral (1887–92); and Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford (1892–1909).
He also served as precentor of Keble College at Oxford, conducted the Oxford Orchestral Association (1892–98) and Oxford Bach Choir (1896–1900), and was musical editor of the 1908 Oxford Hymn Book.
He retired as organist of Christ Church Cathedral at age 50, to run the family estate at Woodhouse, near Olveston, Gloucestershire.