December 19, 1860, Tamaqua, Pennsylvania.
July 29, 1919, Ocean Grove, New Jersey.
Riverside Cemetery, Norristown, Pennsylvania.
Frank was the son of Samuel B. Graeff and Matilda Merkle Zerbey.
Reared and educated in
Pennsylvania Dutch country, he sensed a call to the ministry early in life. He became a Methodist pastor and served some of the leading churches in and around Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Throughout the area, he was known as the
Sunshine Minister for his optimistic attitude. His sunny disposition and simple faith made him a special friend of children, but he was an encouragement to everyone who knew him. He also wrote 200 hymn texts and a novel.
- Before a Cross Uplifted High
- Come to Me, O, Precious Message
- Does Jesus Care?
- Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
- Heart That I Brought, The
- Heavens with Joy Are Ringing, The
- I Am Glad
- I Am Holding on to Jesus Though My Faith
- I Am Safe in the Hollow of His Hand
- I Am Singing a Song That Is Full of Trust
- I Can Tell It All to Him
- I Hear a Song of Jubilee
- I Love the Name of Jesus
- I Shall See Him By and By
- I Want to Live Near Jesus
- Loud the Tempest Roared Without
- Love, Mighty and Wonderful
- Message of the Bells, The
- On the Battlefield of Life
- On the Cross of Calvary Dying
- See Where the Star in Splendor
- There Is One Who Loved Me Truly
- There’s a Blessed Old Story
- There’s a Hand Reaching Down
- There’s a Sweet and Precious Story
- Thine, Ever Unchanging
- Weary Wanderer in the Darkness
- When My Heart with Its Troubles Is Burdened
- When the Blessed Golden