Early 20th Century
We have little data on Givens. We suspect he might be John Wesley Tyler Givens (1870–1967), who is buried in Fairview Cemetery, Bowling Green, Kentucky. Rationale:
- The grave in Fairview Cemetery is of a Baptist minister. Dying Millions first appeared in a song book published by the American Baptist Publishing Society.
- The Kentucky Museum Library has an online record for
John Wesley Tyler Givens, listing
hymns as one of the subjects covered in the collection.
- The tombstone in Fairview Cemetery has an additional name, Edwin Givens (1898–1928) (a son?), described as a
- A John W. T. Givens read from a poem he wrote, at closing exercises held January 30, 1933, in the chapel of Bethel College, Russellville, Kentucky.
- Full name
- Date & place of birth & death
- Burial place