June 22, 1973, Abilene, Texas.
Cedar Hill Cemetery, Abilene, Texas.
Onie was the son of were R. B. Francis and Emily Amanda Darter. He married twice, to Viola Francis (1898–1943) and, about a year after Viola’s death, to Ruby Fenter Barr.
Around 1901, he spent 10 weeks at a singing school in Waco, Texas. A member of the Church of Christ denomination, his biography appeared in his book Songs of Hope.
- As We Tread Life’s Pilgrim Pathway
- Give Me Back Those Good Old Days
- Haste Away
- I Wonder How Long I Must Live
- Living Alone with Jesus
- Marching Homeward Day by Day
- Often You’ve Heard the Sweet Story of Love
- On the Side of My Savior I Am Standing Today
- Savior Came from Above, The
- Scattering Sunshine and Love All the Time
- There Are Golden Bells in Glory
- There Is a Home of Perfect Love
- There’s a Happy Land of Sunshine
- There’s a Mighty Battle Raging
- There’s No Time to Waste, My Brother
- Think of the Change That’s Coming, Brother
- When My Life on Earth Is Ended
- When the Storm Clouds So Thickly
- While Here Below
- Date & place of birth