July 1, 1899, Villa Rica, Georgia.
January 23, 1993, Chicago, Illinois.
Oak Woods Cemetery, Chicago, Illinois.
- Georgia Tom
- Barrelhouse Tom
Son of a Baptist minister, Dorsey provided music for performers such as Tampa Red, Ma Rainey, and Bessie Smith, writing some 200 songs in his lifetime.
- Dear Friends and Kindred
- Each Day the Sun Comes Out to Shine
- God Be with You
- How Many Times Have I Wounded His Heart
- How Well Do I Remember
- I Am Tired and So Weary
- I Was Lost in Sin and Sorrow
- I Was Standing by the Bedside of a Neighbor
- If I Don’t Get There
- I’ll Tell of the Savior
- I’m So Tired and So Weary
- It’s My Desire to Do Some Good Thing
- Let My Sinful Days Be Left Behind
- Like a Ship That’s Tossed and Driven
- My Way Gets Brighter
- Oft Time We Have Too Many Troubles
- Precious Lord, Take My Hand
- There’ll Be Peace in the Valley
- There’s a Day That Is Coming
- There’s a God Somewhere
- Well, I’m So Tired and So Weary
- When I’ve Done the Best I Can
- When My Way Grows Drear
- You Know When I’m Right, Lord