1821, Pendlebury (near Manchester), Lancashire, England.
November 23, 1894, Paddington, London, England.
A Canon of Chester)
Cooke was educated at Trinity Hall, Cambridge (BA 1843, MA 1847). Ordained a deacon in 1844, and priest in 1845, by Bishop Blomfield of London, he served as assistant Curate at Hillingdon (near Uxbridge) and Myholt and Brantham in Suffolk; Incumbent at St. John’s Charlotte Street, London (1848); Vicar of St. Stephen’s, Shepherd’s Bush (1850); and Vicar of Gazeley, Suffolk (1856). He was also a Select Preacher to the University of Cambridge (1850); Examining Chaplain to Bishop Graham of Chester (1849–57); and Honorary Canon of Chester (1854). In 1868, he was elected a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London. His works include: