March 27, 1852, Coventry, England.
December 29, 1929, Crouch End, London, England.
He played the organ at the Wesleyan Chapel in Banbury, and later, at Park Chapel, Crouch End (1877–1918).
He was musical editor for Parts II and III of the 1888 Congregational Hymnal, and musical consultant to the committee that compiled Congregational Hymnal in 1916.
He was elected to the RAM in 1904, and retired in 1918, with 41 years service and an annuity of £75.
His works include: