October 1, 1815, Litchfield, Connecticut.
April 21, 1900, Georgetown, Massachusetts.
Harmony Cemetery, Georgetown, Massachusetts.
Graduating from Bowdoin College in 1835, he enrolled at Lane Seminary, Cincinnati, Ohio. Afterward, he taught music in Cincinnati, and received a preaching license from the Presbytery of Indianapolis, Indiana.
He served as pastor of the Second Presbyterian Church, Fort Wayne, Indiana (1844); First Congregational Church, Newark, New Jersey (1851); and First Congregational Church, Georgetown, Massachusetts (1857); Florida state superintendent of public instruction for two years (between 1870 and 1877); and acting pastor in Wysox, Pennsylvania (1885–93).
Charles was also one of the music editors for his brother Henry’s 1855 Plymouth Collection. His other works include: