May 24, 1836, Deerfield, Massachusetts.
May 19, 1873, Chicago, Illinois.
Maria, known as
Kitty, married Dr. Norman S. Barnes in 1856. She wrote many stories, poems, and hymns.
- As Pilgrims to Zion, We Journey Along
- Blessed Are the Pure in Heart
- Blest Gospel Banner, The
- Box of Precious Ointment, The
- Days Now Gliding o’er Us, The
- Good News for Little Children
- Hast Thou Found the Goodly Pearl?
- Hear the Music of Our Voices
- If We Only Sought to Brighten
- Jesus Is Our Dearest Friend
- Jesus Is Our Morning Star
- Jesus Is Our Pilot
- Jesus, Lord of Life and Glory, Help Us Now
- Let Little Children Come to Me
- Little Child Lay Dying as the Sunset Hour, A
- Lo the Bridegroom at the Door
- Night Will Cast No Shadow, The
- O Come to the Good Shepherd
- O Eden Land, Thou Land of Bloom
- O Lord and Savior of Us All
- O We Are All Engaged
- O What Beauties Adorn the Bright Sabbath Morn
- O When Will Be Ended Our Warfare?
- Our Song of Jubilee
- Praise the Lord, O Praise Him, Praise Him
- Shall We Sing in Heaven?
- Storms of Earth Will Vanish, The
- Take Thy Cross and Follow Me
- That City
- There Is a Land of Promise
- There Is No Work Too Humble
- Thou Art the Bright and Morning Star
- Through the World We Daily Roam
- To Thee, Dear Savior
- Traveler, Whither Art Thou Going?
- Way of Life Is Narrow, The
- We Are Jesus’ Little Lambs
- We Are Marching Onward to Our Home on High
- We Children of One Lord and King
- We Come with Rejoicing
- We Have Gladly Met Together
- We Know Not What’s Before Us
- We Lay Aside Our Toil and Care
- We Shall Meet on the Strand
- Whatever Cross the World May Bring
- When Our Work Is Ended
- When Shall We Stand upon Thy Shore
- When the Morning Dawneth
- That City
- Youthful Pilgrims, Happy Band
- Burial place