January 8, 1867, Boston, Massachusetts.
January 9, 1961, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Forest Hills Cemetery, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts.
Balch won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1946. Her works include:
- Public Assistance of the Poor in France (Baltimore, Maryland: American Economic Association, 1893)
- Our Slavic Fellow-Citizens (New York: Charities Publication Committee, 1910)
- Women at the Hague: The International Congress of Women and Its Results, with Jane Addams & Alice Hamilton (New York: Macmillan, 1915)
- Approaches to the Great Settlement (New York: Husbach, 1918)
- Occupied Haiti (editor) (New York: Writer’s Publishing Company, 1927)
- The Miracle of Living (New York: Island Press, 1941)