October 4, 1773, Spitalfields, Stepney, Middlesex, England.
January 20, 1862, Hoddesdon, Great Amwell, Hertfordshire, England.
St. Catherine and St Paul’s churchyard, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire, England.
Daughter of Rector James Auber of London, and member of the Anglican church, Harriet published the poem collection The Spirit of the Psalms in 1829. Her actual name was Henriette, but she was known as Harriet. For most of her life, she lived at Broxbourne and Hoddesdon.
- Arise, Ye People, and Adore
- Arrayed Against Our Church and Faith
- As Thy Chosen People, Lord
- Blessed Is the Man Who Makes the Word
- Bright Was the Guiding Star That Led
- Can Guilty Man Indeed Believe?
- Delightful Is the Task to Sing
- Ere Mountains Reared Their Forms Sublime
- Father of Spirits, Nature’s God
- Great God, Wert Thou Extreme to Mark
- Hail, All Hail the Joyful Morn!
- Hail, Gracious Source of Every Good
- Hasten, Lord, the Glorious Time
- How Blest Are They Who Daily Prove
- How Blest the Children of the Lord
- Jehovah, Great and Awful Name
- Jehovah Reigns, O Earth, Rejoice
- Jesus, Lord, to Thee We Sing
- Lord, Who Hath Redeemed Our Souls, The
- O All Ye Lands, Rejoice in God
- O God, My God! Why, in This Hour
- O God Our Strength, to Thee Our Song
- O Praise Our Great and Gracious Lord
- O Thou Whom Heaven’s Bright Host Revere
- Oh, Why, by Furious Rage Combined
- On Thy Church, O Power Divine
- Our Blest Redeemer, Ere He Breathed
- Praise the Lord, Our Mighty King
- Spirit of Peace, Who as a [Celestial] Dove
- Sweet Is the Work, O Lord
- That Man Whose Impious Tongue Denies
- That Thou, O Lord, Art Ever Nigh
- Thou by Whose Strength the Mountains Stand
- When Dangers Press and Fears Invade
- Who, O Lord, When Life Is O’er
- Whom Have We, Lord, in Heaven but Thee?
- Wide, Ye Heavenly Gates, Unfold
- With Hearts in Love Abounding
- With Joy We Hail the Sacred Day
- Vainly Through the Night the Ranger
- When All Bespeaks a Father’s Love
- When Troubles, Like a Whelming Sea
where to get a good quality picture of Auber