Born: May 15, 1816, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Died: July 3, 1903, Rosemont, Pennsylvania.
Buried: Lower Merion Baptist Church Cemetery, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.
George was the son of William Anderson and husband of Maria Anderson.
He was educated at Madison (now Colgate) University (BA 1844), Hamilton Theological Seminary (1846), and the University of Lewisburg (now Bucknell University) (DD 1869).
He was ordained in 1854, and held pastorates at Duchess County, New York (1854–58); Montgomery County, Pennsylvania (1858–64); and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (1850s?).
Anderson authored several works on Baptists and missions, and contributed to the Baptist Quarterly, edited the Christian Chronicle, and was literary editor of the American Baptist Publication Society.